Additional Resources


About WUE

If you live in certain Western states or territories and choose to study select academic programs, you may qualify for a special tuition rate through the Western Undergraduate Exchange.

How it Works

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program connects non-resident students with programs that may not be available in their home states, building the foundation for a greater impact on education in the Western region of the United States.

At the University of Arizona, we currently offer two eligible programs:

Mining & Geological Engineering, College of Engineering »

Natural Resources, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences »

Eligible WUE students at the University of Arizona pay a tuition rate of 150% of resident tuition (plus all applicable fees).

Visit the WUE Website

Eligibility Requirements

In addition to majoring in a WUE-eligible program, you must be a permanent resident of one of the following states or territories:

  • Alaska
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Guam
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Oregon
  • South Dakota
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Wyoming
  • American Samoa
  • Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
  • Federated States of Micronesia
  • Rep. of Marshall Islands
  • Rep. of Palau

How to Apply

Follow the instructions for applying to the university, selecting your WUE-eligible program of interest.

To maintain eligibility, you must follow certain requirements, including remaining enrolled in your WUE-eligible program.

Additional Details »

Financial Aid Eligibility

Students participating in the WUE program will not be eligible to receive some forms of financial aid. For information about how your financial aid may be impacted, contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.

Ask Aid