This page serves as the central location for updates and guidance from the University of Arizona on the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
Fuel the response for Arizona students:
Updated 5:03 p.m. June 25, 2020
- All Summer 2020 classes are online.
Fall 2020 Update: After much discussion, deliberation, and review of peer University plans, we have made the decision to allow our students to continue their semester at home following the Thanksgiving break. We plan on delivering all finals review and testing in an online modality. Professors will discuss the specifics with their classes at the beginning of the semester.New
- Plans to resume in-person classes for Fall 2020 have been announced.
- The university's decision to reopen in the fall heavily relies on the 'Test, Trace, Treat' strategy, part of the overarching Campus Reentry Plan.
- Our Re-entry teams are developing plans with these guiding principles.
Health & Safety Information
Your safety and wellbeing is our priority. Please refer regularly to the Centers for Disease Control and the Arizona Department of Health Services for emerging guidance for COVID-19 health and safety.
IF YOU FEEL SICK
- Stay home. Except for seeking medical care, avoid contact with others and do not travel.
- Campus Health is testing for COVID-19 - please call (520) 621-9202 before you come in.
- Campus Health is testing individuals who are concerned that they are infected with or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- They continue to test only students, staff, and faculty of the University at this time.
- Campus Health providers will evaluate patients and order testing if appropriate.
- Visit the Campus Health website for more information.
COVID-19 Symptoms (May appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus)
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Wash your hands often. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
Avoid touching your face. Your eyes, nose and mouth are common entry points for germs.
Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Use a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands).
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces; door handles, groceries and take-out food containers, countertops, kitchen areas and cell phones.
Health & Wellness
Health & wellness partners from across campus have created a catalogue of resources for faculty, staff, students and parents.
Students needing technical assistance can call our 24/7 Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324) or (877) 522-7929.
Academic Information & Support
- All Summer 2020 classes will be taught online.
- Check UAccess regularly for specific course information.
- Campus and remote Wifi spots – Safely access without leaving your car.
- Online learning resources include D2L, Zoom and Panopto.
- Virtual Student Support Services
- See updates for Graduate & Professional Students
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). Review information on the Financial Aid website.
- Apply to the Student Emergency Fund
- Campus Pantry
- Housing & Residential Live coronavirus page
- Dean of Students Office
- Counseling & Psych Services
- Health & Wellness
We are grateful for the ongoing contributions from our Wildcat community, alumni and donors to the Arizona Student Emergency Fund and Campus Pantry. As of May 11, there have been over 1,700 undergraduate and graduate student applicants for the emergency fund and the Campus Pantry continues to serve students and staff.
And we are grateful for the relief the federally funded CARES Act is providing to institutions of higher learning. This includes $30.9 million for the University of Arizona, of which $15.4 million will be awarded for emergency financial aid grants to students for things like course materials, technology, food, housing, health care and childcare costs as a result of the disruption caused by COVID-19.
We look forward to seeing our students again in the near future. Until then, use the resources provided to support your wellbeing, continue to stay safe and Bear Down!
Facebook Live stream
On Wednesday, March 25, President Robert C. Robbins and Provost Liesl Folks answered questions in a Facebook Live event. Captioning is available in English and Spanish.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to work from home but are permitted to be on campus.
- The Division of Human Resources is working alongside other campus administrators to ensure the University is prepared and ready for any future developments.
- Employee Furlough & Pay Reduction Programs
- Community Financial Resources
- Working Remotely
- Resources & Updates
- Remote Instruction Resources
- Employees impacted by the closure of Arizona schools can review guidance from human resources.
- Office of Instruction & Assessment
- Graduate & Professional Faculty & Staff
- Health & Wellness
- Learn more about HIPAA and FERPA privacy rights in coronavirus communications
- Life & Work Connections' Support and Resiliency Hub
Experiential Learning GuidelinesNew
- Updated Guidance on Credit-Bearing Experiential Learning Activities
- Assessment of Risk Management Protocols for Credit-bearing Experiential Learning Activities
- Guidance to Departments on Planning for and Approving Experiential Learning Activities
Town Hall Q&As
President Robbins, Provost Folks and CFO Lisa Rulney are hosting virtual town hall forums with colleges and administrative units. A list of questions and answers will be updated regularly.
Q&A with President Robbins & Senior Leaders
Information presented in this Q&A is up-to-date as of April 17, 2020. As we navigate a rapidly evolving public health crisis, the solutions we implement can and will change. The university will continue to provide timely updates.
When you sign into Panopto, please remember to select the option for NetId
- Relive the 2020 Virtual Commencement ceremony
- A follow-up in-person ceremony is scheduled for October 30, 2020.
- Campus Health remains open if you need to be seen by a physician or counselor.
- Check the Student Unions COVID-19 page for on-campus hours and available food options
- The University of Arizona Police Department will function business as usual.
- Parking & Transportation has suspended all face-to-face services.
- Visit the University Libraries website to access library resources online.
- The Sierra Vista campus and other distance learning locations, have location-specific updates. For Health Sciences and Banner Health, see Health Sciences' COVID-19 resources.
- Financial Services has several modified and suspended services.
- All in-person campus events have been cancelled or postponed.
|May 15, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Sabbaticals Approved before COVID-19|
|May 8, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||Commencement, Semester End and Campus Status Updates|
|May 1, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan – Update on Summer Instructional Activity|
|March 31, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||Stay Home, Stay Healthy, Stay Connected|
|March 30, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President|
|March 27, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||Resilient Together|
|March 27, 2020||Campus Health|
|March 27, 2020||Andrea Romero, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan / Promotion Guidelines|
|March 25, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||Student Financial Emergency Fund|
|March 23, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||COVID-19 & Mental Health Resources|
|March 23, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan / Students in credit-bearing experiential learning placements|
|March 20, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||A message to students from President Robbins|
|March 20, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||A message to colleagues from President Robbins|
|March 20, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||Commencement Update|
|March 20, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||[AMENDED] Revised Academic Grading and Eligibility Policies (for students)|
|March 20, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Revised Academic Grading and Eligibility Policies (for employees)|
|March 16, 2020||Facilities Management||COVID-19 Cleaning Process|
|March 15, 2020||Kendal Washington White,
Vice Provost for Campus Life & Dean of Students
|A Message from the Dean of Students|
|March 15, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Guidance on Student Workers in Academic Instruction Roles|
|March 13, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||Update on COVID-19 Response|
|March 14, 2020||Research, Innovation & Impact||COVID-19 Guidance for Research Students and Postdocs|
|March 13, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan / Update for Faculty and Staff|
|March 13, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan / Research Continuity Update|
|March 13, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan / Events, Meetings and Gatherings|
|March 13, 2020||Housing & Residential Life||COVID-19 Update from UA Housing & Residential Life|
|March 13, 2020||College of Fine Arts||Arizona Arts announces cancellations due to Coronavirus|
|March 11, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||Delaying Start of Classes|
|March 11, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan (Students)|
|March 11, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan (Faculty)|
|March 11, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan (Staff)|
|March 11, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||COVID-19 Campus Mitigation Plan (Research)|
|March 10, 2020||Michael Dake, SVP for Health Sciences||AHS Suspension of Non-Essential Domestic Out-of-State Business Travel|
|March 9, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Class Absence Policy Modification / Effective Monday 16 March 2020|
|March 6, 2020||Robert C. Robbins, President||Have a Safe Spring Break|
|March 6, 2020||Michael Dake, SVP for Health Sciences||International Travel Suspension and Changes to Educational Activities|
|March 5, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Overseas Travel Information|
|March 3, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Modification to University of Arizona’s Class Absence Practices|
|March 3, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Coronavirus Update|
|March 3, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Italy and Iran Travel Suspension|
|January 27, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||South Korea Travel Suspension|
|January 26, 2020||Liesl Folks, SVP for Academic Affairs & Provost||Message from Campus Health Regarding Coronavirus Outbreak|
UANews Coverage & Research