Returning to the University of
Arizona Without Applying

Life happens, and now you’re ready to return. Students who left Arizona in academic eligible status, academic review status, or academic warning status and missed no more than two consecutive regular semesters may return to the University of Arizona without applying for re-admission.

If you believe you qualify, contact your academic advisor. They will help you assess your previous coursework and develop a plan to jump right back in. After meeting, your advisor can release the advising hold that will allow you to register for classes. To determine the semester you are eligible to return through Back2UA, visit the Registrar's page.

Contact Your Advisor

International Students

If you are an international student, you must contact International Student Services to request a new immigration document and check in at our office before you can register for classes.

Some students may still need to apply for re-admission. These include:

  • Non-degree seeking students*
  • Students who were on probation or were disqualified when they left

*If you enrolled as a non-degree seeking student and are now interested in pursing a degree you will need to submit a First-Year or Transfer application not a readmission application.

Not sure if you meet the Back2UA requirements? Contact your advisor.

Contact Your Advisor