Additional Resources

Military & Veterans

We’re Proud to Serve You

Discover our many resources to help active military members, veterans, and dependents transition to the University of Arizona and feel like a Wildcat from day one.

#1 in the West
Best for Vets: Colleges 2022
—Military Times

How to Apply

I am pursuing a bachelor’s degree at main campus and plan to transfer credits from other institutions or my military transcripts.

Learn how to apply »


I am pursuing a master's degree.

Learn how to apply to the Graduate College »


I am interested in pursuing my degree online.

Learn about opportunities through Arizona Online »


I am interested in pursuing my degree at one of the University of Arizona’s distance locations.

Learn about opportunities through the Near You Network


Learn How Your Credits Will Transfer

Review instructions for identifying military credits and then see how your credits will transfer using our Transfer Credit Guide.

Up to 30 documented credits from your military transcripts are transferable to the University of Arizona. These will be counted when you send your transcripts to the university after completing your application.

If you need additional support understanding how your credits will transfer, contact the Office of Transfer Credit & Articulation.


Before you start your application, it's helpful to have:

  • Name of the high school you graduated from.
  • Name of any previous college you attended, including military.

Apply Now

Send Us Your Transcripts

After you complete your application form, request copies of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, including military institutions and joint service transcripts.

Mail official transcripts to:

Registration & Transcripts
The University of Arizona
Administration Building, Room 210
PO Box 210066
Tucson, AZ 85721-0066

Email joint service transcripts to:

Funding Your Education

If you are a military member or a dependent, you may be eligible for tuition assistance and fee reimbursement through one or more of the following opportunities.

VA educational benefits are administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The Armed Forces offer soldiers, sailors, marines, and other military members tuition assistance for college courses taken during off-duty hours.

Review Eligibility and Apply »

After you apply, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail that should be submitted to the University of Arizona’s Military-Connected Benefits & Certifications by emailing

Once your enrollment is complete, log into the UAccess Student Center and complete the Veteran Certification process located on the “Other Financial” drop-down menu under “Finances.”

Tuition assistance is administered by the specific branches within the Department of Defense. For assistance, please visit the University of Arizona’s Military-Connected Benefits & Certifications.
Explore Your Options »

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine whether you could receive federal financial aid to fund your education.
Priority due date: April 1
Use Arizona school code: 001083 
Complete Your FAFSA »

Additional Financial
Aid Resources

Scholarship Universe »

Once you're admitted, use this tool to get matched with even more scholarships.

Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid »

Our staff is ready to answer your questions.

Yellow Ribbon »

If you meet certain criteria, you may be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and have your tuition and fees covered.

More Resources for
Military and Veterans

VETS Center

The University of Arizona's Veterans Education & Transition Services (VETS) Office provides detailed information and guidelines regarding the transfer process, the university’s academic policies, and much more.

VETS Center »

Military-Connected Benefits & Certifications ​​​​​​

Military-Connected Benefits and Certifications (MCBC) works in partnership with the Veterans Administration to assist with educational benefits and tuition assistance for military-connected students, including active-duty, guard, and reserve service members.

Visit MCBC »

Officer Training Programs

Interested in participating in a Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) program? Learn how you can get involved, lead a team, earn credit towards your academic program, and so much more.

Army »
Navy and Marine Corps »
Air Force »